Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Highland Sunday

December 21 we all went to Tagaytay to celebrate my uncle and aunt's wedding anniversary. Us, my mom, my uncles, and some friends of my aunt's. It was just a day trip. We met up at the junction, and convoyed our way to Tagaytay Highlands. Temperature was down cold, almost zero visibility in some parts of the city. My mom was late so we got there past 10 a.m., after one trip on the Funicular, we all agreed to go to Highlands China Palace Restaurant to have early lunch. The host ordered the group set meal with crabs and additional dim sum for everyone. It was a big feast! Everything was yummy, except for the lotus rice, which was part of the set, but it wasn’t that bad, it just tasted weird. We were all so full, we just had to take tea after. We stayed in the chapel for a while, then they all played paint ball while my cuddly wuddly and I went horseback riding. And then there was the trip to the zoo and frolicking around the compound. They wanted to ride the cable car but the queue was just too long.

A trip to Tagaytay is not complete without passing by Ilog Maria in Silang, Cavite. Ilog Maria is a bee farm; it’s like our local version of Burt’s Bees. They sell pure honey, bee propolis-based products that are actually good. You may want to check out their site www.ilogmaria.com.

Bea negotiating the chopsticks

Horseback riding with my cuddly wuddly

No comments: