Friday, January 16, 2009

Stick Shift

With the daughter's frenzied school schedule this week, they have been practicing for the school Father's Day on Sunday, the family had to adjust to her different school hours. They should have just stuck to regular schedule --she's in the morning class. She skipped ballet last Tuesday, because school practice was 1-3 p.m., and ballet's at 3. Her usual nap time is 1-3:30 p.m., so no siesta Tuesday and Thursday. Since she's the only family member who can not drive yet, our driver's schedule will depend on her schedule.


Yesterday, more than ever, I felt the need to learn driving Manual Transmission vehicle. I only drive automatic, you see. And we only have one A/T car (others are M/T), and it was coded yesterday. For non-resident of Metro Manila, we have vehicle coding here --depends on the plate ending, some vehicles must be off the major roads from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on certain days of the week; e.g. Monday, plates ending in 1 and 2, Tuesday, 3 and 4, etc. Going back to my story, the hubby was not feeling well, he couldn't drive me to work. I took the driver with me, and just went on half day. Had to do payroll. I guess, it would be easier if I were to learn how to drive stick. Then I would not have to depend on someone else to drive for me when no automatic's available. I can drive anything, anywhere as long as it's A/T. Yes, even a truck! I tried learning before, but it was just so stressful... especially with the hubby ranting "Don't stop! Don't stop!" when he actually meant "Don't ride the clutch!" We were on an intersection. LOL. Yeah, really. Maybe I should just enroll in A1 or ask the good husband to get a new car! Bwahaha

It's Friday. Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: