Friday, February 27, 2009

Laying Low Productive

I have not been really active on line lately. For one thing I've been feeling really lousy, bad cough and cold for about a week now. Got it from Bea. She's better though. Just a little coughing, her doctor said it's nothing to be really alarmed of. It's been pretty hot in the Metro lately. Temperature's rising, summer's almost here.


Another thing is I've been busy with something else as well. I have a new project which I will be announcing very soon. I've been working on it for almost three weeks now (actually I've been wanting to go into this for like years). I just want to take care of all legal aspects first before making the announcement. Yesterday I was at DTI (Department of Trade and Industry). I am quite surprised with the development in DTI's process flow. They now have their web program. We can apply and register on line! Just go to their website www.dti.gov.ph, create an account, then you can use their on line facilities. You'll get feedback on your mailbox, 2 to 3 days from submission date. Once you get their approval message, go to specified satellite office, proceed to "web application" booth for signature of the officer. You will then be instructed to pay to the cashier, then voila! You'll go home with your new Business Registration Certificate. The thing with this tool though is all transaction, save for payment option, will be done through the internet. So if there are corrections or revisions, they are not allowed to do it manually. Like what happened to me yesterday. I got a message from them that my application was rejected because I clicked the wrong "product and service" button. the product and service category is something they should really improve on, it should be more "layman" friendly. And their customer hotline assistants are not that knowledgeable on web application. So I just personally went to their Trafalgar office for clarifications. Jonet, the guy in-charge, was very helpful. But I had to look for an internet cafe to adjust the erroneous entry, the nearest (open) one was located at Herrera! It was a long walk to and from the cafe. But I did go home with the certificate. It's pretty cool, really. I felt sorry for those who were there lined up, waiting. If they only knew about the web thing.


So there, I now have my DTI Registration Certificate. Next week I'll work on Mayor's Permit and BIR (Bureau of Internal Revenue). In the meantime, I'll be meeting with some suppliers, canvass for equipments and start interviewing some candidates to fill in staffing requirements, take Decolgen, drink lots of fluid and sleep.

No comments: