Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Roof Tile Dilemma

I was at the construction site yesterday. Some of the windows have already been installed, more will be delivered and installed these coming days. They're now polishing the ceiling and walls, no second coat yet, but we've chosen colors already. Most of the bathroom tiles are already in place, and we now have some cabinets too! My sister-in-law came to check out the progress. She's very excited about the house as well. She was supposed to stay for a short while, but we ended up having a 3-hour lunch at Cafe Breton and practically spent the rest of the afternoon together! Which, I'm sure, from our husbands' point of view, is not a "practical" thing to do! LOL


Going back to house progress, the roof saga continues. Picking up from my Raise the Roof post last time, well we had a meeting with them (us, Arch. Ramos, Arch. Mark, Stone 2000 Account Executive, Stone 2000 Project Manager, and Stone 2000 sub-contractor). They were supposed to add battens to raise the slope and apex, around 4 inches. I've been waiting for price quote for additional materials...since it's their lack of coordination that resulted to the problem, we will only shoulder materials for readjustment; I got the quote just the other day. And it was a whopping PhP21K! Just for additional battens?! It's like they're trying to squeeze in labor cost as well! I told them I am not paying that much for additional battens (we've already spent more than 250K just for roofing alone), Zay, the Account Executive said it was for an 8-inch adjustment, and she'll try to negotiate for at least 10% discount (which, I think, is still too much). I called for another meeting yesterday with our contractor and architect, and we all agreed 4-5 inches is enough, since we have secured undersheeting. So I called up Zay again, this morning, and told her to give price quote for 4-inch adjustment, she said yes at first, now she just sent me a SMS saying the sub-contractor had already installed half of the area...8-inches adjustment! My reply to her was "how can they do that when I just got the quote last Monday, and we DID NOT agree to it?" No reply from her yet. I'm starting to get really peeved with this roofing brouhaha.

No comments: