Friday, December 19, 2008

Bargain Hunting At Divisoria

As we grow older, the list grows longer and longer. Now it's not just family, friends and godchildren... included on the list now are household staff,officemates, neighbors, village personnel, construction workers, your kid's friends, classmates, teachers and school personnel etc. I was pretty much decided on cutting the list short this year, but changed my mind the last minute. It's Christmas! Time for sharing. Just a little something for everyone.

My sister-in-law and I have been planning to go to Divisoria for weeks. Since the  preschooler's on vacation starting yesterday, we finally had our geographically-challenged driver drive us to Divisoria. As I would normally do when I go there, we parked at the secured parking area of Tutuban Center Mall, they also have clean toilets by the way (as compared to other public toilets in the area), and walked to Divisoria Mall. Got there at 8:00 a.m., and finished at around 2:00 p.m. It was a battleground for bargain hunters! It's not as nice as Greenhills but prices are 50% cheaper. Armed with sneakers and PhP5000.00, I braved the DV crowd with my sister-in-law. Went home with my loot exhausted and with a splitting headache. But I was happy because the PhP5000.00 I had with me went a longgggg way! We even passed by Binondo for boxes, yes boxes, of fruits. Imagine with just that amount of money, I was able to get presents for 60 people. Like the Kiat Kiat (Mandarin oranges) from Binondo, it's PhP40.00/kilo vs Makati Supermart's PhP84.00 and the Navel Oranges PhP650.00/64 pc box vs PhP165.00/6 pc pack (info courtesy of my sister-in-law), I got three boxes (10 kilos/box). Now that's value for money!

I just have to go back to Binondo later for more fruits, like I said the list is long.

No comments: