Friday, December 12, 2008

Broda and Sista

One time, I was brushing my teeth, the little girl came up to me saying “Mom, I want a broda.” I’m like “Huh?” She then continues “And a sista!” Then her imaginary brother started staying with us in the room for a while, and silently slipped out after a few months. Now she’s at it again. We usually have our “pillow talk” before going to sleep at night. Well last night, I was telling her that maybe when we move to the new house she can start sleeping in her own room already. Then she said “And my brother will stay in the other room…and my sister, we’ll play in the attic.” She’s just so eager to have siblings. I think because she wants to be an “ate” (Filipino word for big sister) already. She has her cousins for role models. They really take time out to spend time with her playing, malling or just simply chillin’ at the house.

If only it were that easy. We were just so lucky and blessed to receive that little bundle of joy as a special gift from God. She is our answered prayer. It was all out trying for us from the day we got married. On the 3rd year of our life as a married couple, she came along as a surprise blessing. And we’ve been pretty preoccupied with her since. After the house, we can start looking into trying again. The hubby and I are quite happy with one but it would be great to have more kids, if God willing. Two to three more, perhaps? Twins would be nice, now that’s probably asking for too much. But who knows? With lots of prayers and some medical help, I’ll have a bun baking in the oven soon.


Bea at 2 months with cousin
Bea at 3 months


No comments: