Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bratz Leah's New Look

The little girl's Literary Program was last Friday. While the hubby and I were having lunch at the house last Monday, Bea came down the stairs excited to show me something. She was like "Mom, have something to show you!" I'm like "Hey, what is it?" Then she showed me her Bratz doll given by my cousin. "Here Mom. She's also a cat."




Using her ballpen, she drew lines on her doll's face. Almost the same way I did her face last Friday! It was soooo funny! But I did not laugh of course or I might be shocked to wake up one morning with all her dolls and our faces looking like felines. My reaction was "Oh, wow. She's now a cat too." I complimented her work. Told her that we'll get something to remove it like the petroleum jelly I used to remove her make-up (Wipe Out, perhaps?) after Leah's "program" and next time ask Mommy first if it's okay to do something like that. I do not really want her to stop being creative and all. And it is HER toy. My long-haired "twirly curl" Barbie turned into a short-haired punk before I reached High School. ;-)

I guess we should always explain to the kids why, how we do things, when and when not to do them. And we should never get tired of answering their perpetual "why's?"

No comments: