Friday, November 14, 2008

No Way, Jose

Was off from work yesterday to wait for the delivery of our Toilet and Bath fixtures. Waited from morning until delivery truck finally arrived at 3:00 p.m.. I went through all the goods with the foreman, and the Wilcon guys. Good thing we checked. All the stuff were in A1 condition, save for the bathtub which I refused to accept cause there was a teeny weeny surface scratch, though it came wrapped, like the plastic we peel from our mobile phone LCDs. The delivery guys were like "Sa plastic lang naman po,Ma'am." (It's just the plastic, ma'am). But I could really see that it went through the plastic wrapping, so I asked them to peel off that portion of the plastic. And there it was, the teeny weeny scratch. I told them politely that I want it changed and to make sure that all items they are going to deliver next should be in perfect condition. I am kinda OC about these things. I feel for the owner of Wilcon, yeah, I do. But hey, we paid in full. It was not on "bargain". We should get our money's worth.



I warned our contractor, Architect Alex P. Ramos, earlier on that I am very particular about these things. And I am pretty sure AGC Design Concepts, firm we contracted to do architectural and interior design, know this very well. I understand it can never really be 100% perfect in projects like construction, but sloppy, lopsided work is unacceptable. So far, so good. I mean something will come up every now and then, but with all parties working together closely (homeowner should be very involved), we manage to address each and every problem that arises. But we're not done yet, and real house woes will start to come out months or so AFTER turn over.

No comments: