Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Birthday Surprise

I turned 32 last Monday. In cahoots with my mom, my aunt and uncle, the hubby surprised me with a luncheon treat at Gloria Maris last Sunday. Thinking it will just be the three of us, with our niece, we started the day with a mass at St. James the Great Parish and went to the restaurant immediately after. I was pleasantly surprised to see mom and aunt waiting for us there. Loving food as much as we do, we ordered a lot, as usual. We feasted on fish lip soup (you just have to put some balsamic vinegar to make it sing!), steamed dumplings (shrimp, spinach and polanchay), chicken feet, broccoli with garlic, crystal prawns, and the high cholesterol special-- a whole pecking duck cooked in 3 ways –wrapped, salt and pepper fried, and minced with fresh lettuce), and yang chow fried rice. Then we went to Starbucks at ATC after for another sinful indulgence…mocha and chocolate cream frapuccinos. Yummy surprise!

No comments: