Friday, November 7, 2008

Karate Kid In Pink Tights

Bea was barely two years old when my orthodontist gave us tickets to her daughter's ballet recitals at the CCP. Thinking that it would be a good time for Bea and her lola to bond, I asked my mom if she'd like to go instead. So they went and watched. She had a blast! She was the only one standing on her seat shouting, with her little voice, "Bravo! Bravo!", "More! More", "Next!, Next!", and clapping her hands. She's been doing that raising of the leg thing since. Then there were the Barbie movies: "12 Dancing Princesses" and "The Nutcracker". Bea's been wanting to go ballet for the longest time. I've been asking around for reputable ballet schools, cause hey, if you're gonna do it, better do it right. Ballet Phils. (CCP), Steps (Pasong Tamo), Halili-Cruz (QC) came up, but they're kinda far from where we are staying. There's one at Palm's, but the youngest they accept is 4 y.o.. My cuddle pup just turned 3 last July. Then I received a memo from her school, Rosemont, that they'll be starting ballet classes for girls and Tae Kwon Do for boys. I was putting it off until I could see that she's quite adjusted with her schedule and workload at school. We don't really want to overwhelm her. So my Mom and I said November's a good time. While we were buying her ballet stuff at Capezio, ATC I asked the people there if they know of other baby ballet schools in the area, they said BF and they have one at Alabang Country Club. Not that I don't want to enroll her at Rosemont, it's just that I think It'll be better if she could make new friends outside school. So I inquired at the Club and was pleasantly surprised to find out that it's the Halili-Cruz School of Ballet holding lessons there. So we signed up.

She was really excited when my hubby and I told her she's starting ballet lessons. November 4 was her first day. She was so cute in her ballet outfit. You could see that she's really interested as she was listening and following the teacher's instruction. But the execution was so "stiff". It was so funny. It's like karate kid-does-ballet LOL! Well, I guess for a first-timer, she did well. One kid was even crying. My daughter was really feeling it. She's like I don't care if I look stiff. I'm sooo loving this! LOL. In time I know she'll be a graceful dancer... or maybe we can also look into martial arts ;-)










No comments: