Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Like To Boodet, Boodet!

Bea would usually go to the office with me when she doesn’t have school. My mom and I would take her to Robinson’s Place Manila or Mall of Asia. One time, we were going around the mall while my mom was having a haircut. We dropped by Animaland to check out the stuffed animals there. And I told her she can choose one. She got a squirrel. It’s actually a “create-your-own” thing. So you just choose a skin then with the assistance of the sales peep, you can stuff it and add whatever trinket you want. Come to the funny part, we asked her what name she’d like to give her pet for the “Birth Certificate.” She stopped for a while and said “Budet!”. We were like “Ano daw yun?” (What was that?). She said “Budet, Mom. His name Budet.” I’m like okay, sure why not? Just told the guy to print it as “Boodette” to make it sound a little classy. I could not help it. I just had to ask her why that name. Her reply “Madagascar, Mom. I like to boodet, boodet!” LOL. I like to move it, move it! It was the squirrel-looking striped-tail lemur king from the movie Madagascar! She is just so cute!

We have been waiting for a good kiddie movie to come along for Bea’s first trip to the movie house. So when Madagascar 2 came out, it just had to be it. After my birthday lunch last Sunday, Bea, the hubby's niece, the nanny and I grabbed some Kettle Corns and trooped to ATC Cinema to catch it. The hubby dropped us off then went back for us after the movie, he was not feeling too well. And no, not from cholesterol overload, he’s got a cold. Bea was dumb stricken when she saw the big screen in front. It was much, much bigger than her dad’s Bravia at home. She was just staring quietly, in awe, at the screen. Monica and I were teasing her but she was not minding us at all. She’d look at me every now and then and giggle. It’s like she couldn’t believe there’s such thing as a ginormously huge T.V.! We all had fun watching it.

After the movie I asked her if she liked it in the movie house. She replied, “Can I sleep here, Mom?” :-)




No comments: