Monday, November 10, 2008

It Was A Good Weekend

The family and the household staff spent the day together yesterday. Except for Bea’s tantrum in the shower, it was a pretty good day. She was crying and crying, when asked what was wrong she said “I don’t like the shower because it’s too fast and I don’t like shampoo!”---Okay. You know kids, they have their own “logical” way of looking at things. So I just asked her to stop crying and told her if she didn’t stop we wont go out anymore. That calmed her down and they were done in 5 minutes.

First we went to the cemetery. We really avoid going on All Soul’s Day and All Saint’s Day. And I need not explain why. We usually go before or after. This year we went after. Got flowers and candles from my usual vendor just outside the cemetery. And visited our dearly departed.

Then we went to Mall of Asia for lunch. The hubby was craving for seafood and we decided to try their food at Marina.We ordered halaan (clam- ginger soup), calamares (batter fried squid rings), grilled prawns in lemon butter sauce, baked oysters, grilled pork liempo (country style ribs), lechon cebu (roasted pig, Cebu style), adobong kangkong (water spinach cooked in soy sauce and vinegar), and rice. It was okay. Food was good except for the oysters. The husband and I love oysters. I asked for Oysters Rockefeller, and the way they cooked it was pretty far from the Rockefeller I’m used to. Should have gotten Oyster on the half shell instead. We would have enjoyed it more. And their sago at gulaman drink (tapioca pearls and gelatine served with caramelized sugar, water and ice) is not something I would get from them again, give me the one from the chinese guy at Makati Supermart ATC or Goldilocks anytime!


Afterwards, we went around the mall. My hubby’s been asking me what I’d like to get for my birthday next week. Told him, he really doesn’t have to get me anything this year, as we are building our house, this year ONLY though. LOL. He insisted that I should get something, even a simple present. So I did. He got me a pair of Kenneth Cole sunglasses. Bea broke my Ray-Bans a couple of years back, and I shied away from eyewear since. Now that she is older it will be easier to ask her not to touch or break things. So thank you, my babbu love! Now my eyes have protection from the sun’s glare again! LOL. Seriously, I appreciate it! Thanks! Thanks! :-)

No comments: