Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Time To Blog

"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven. A time to give birth, and a time to die; A time to plant, and a time to uproot what is planted. A time to kill, and a time to heal; A time to tear down, and a time to build up. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance. A time to throw stones, and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, and a time to shun embracing. A time to search, and a time to give up as lost; A time to keep, and a time to throw away. A time to tear apart, and a time to sew together; A time to be silent, and a time to speak. A time to love, and a time to hate; A time for war, and a time for peace." ---Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

But what does one do when one has spare time in between taking care of the household, running errands, working, chatting and spending time with friends, baby ballet, pre-school homework, appointment with hairstylist, masseuse and the mani-pedi girl? Try BLOGGING.

In this day and age, with all the gadgets and other techie stuff coming out and being used, I'm one those "semi-technophobic" people around. Believe it or not, I don't even own an iPod and the only phone that I have now is my not-too-old, child-battered Motorola Razor V3X... a gift from my hubby a couple of years back. My relationship with my Personal Computer is not really that "personal". I mean I just use it when I'm at the office. For work, doing my daughter's worksheets. And surfing the net. I help my mom run a landbased recruitment agency, so just imagine the amount of time I spend surfing LOL (but I only go to work 3 to 4 times a week, though). I get bored sometimes. My cousin K suggested I try blogging. I was like...blogging? She's like "Yeah, Ats. Try it. It's fun. You can even make money out of it." I was pretty skeptical about trying it, not the making money part ok, it's just the thought of you know spilling your guts or sharing to the world your thoughts, ideas, or whatever... I mean who'd be interested in how the view's like thru my optic lens? I have to admit that I enjoy reading blogs...like that of the Aussie dude Brian Gorrell, boy my eyes got sore spending hours and hours on his site. And to update myself on the happenings in my friends' or relatives' lives (those living in another continent), I visit their sites as well. Of course, there are also the social networks Facebook, Multiply and Friendster!

Going back, sorry if i get sidetracked every now and then, so I told Kat that I'll think about what she said. It's somewhat therapeutic. And now here I am starting this site...taking time to actually BLOG. :-)

No comments: