Friday, November 7, 2008

Bea's Room

One of the fun and very exciting things about house building is space decorating. To actually witness something you've visualised be built from scratch, to slowly take shape, one can't help but feel giddy about it. The room I'm most excited about is Bea's. We do not have much shops here in the Philippines specializing in Kids' room. We have Color and Life at Mall of Asia, there used to be one at ATC and I guess there's also Sheridan at Shangri-La Mall. Good thing we have the internet...and Pottery Barn! I just love Pottery Barn stuff for kids. We already have some items ready like the Madison Touch Lamp with pink Gingham Bell Shade, the quilts and beddings, courtesy of her ninang (my cousin) and my aunt. They also have really nice wall decor, window treatment and other accessories. If they weren't that pricey, it would be nice to buy them all. I am thinking of getting her this clock:




Isn't it cute? The theme of her room is basically spring. Dominant colors would be kiwi green, pink and white. I'm scouting for a nice, sturdy, white twin bed, and so far we haven't found one yet (the hubby enjoys furniture hunting too). Will check out other furniture shops, if not we'll probably have one custom made. We want the room to be "fun" for her. So she'd want to stay in it. Until now she sleeps with us eventhough she has her own room at the townhouse. Maybe when we transfer to our new home she'd start sleeping in her own bed.

My 3rd post for today. Slow day, eh? Well it's Friday and no blogging on weekends.

No comments: